Can't open REW installer on Win10

Freequalizer

Registered
Hi there !

In fact REW worked well and I recently wanted to open it and it didn't want to open. I tried to open the installer and I won't be able to do so. So I removed JRE then REW and run the installer to see if JRE was the problem but nothing. I had once a software called Milkshape3D that did the same but the problem fixed by itself, IDK what happened. I cleaned the registery, I did a sfc /scannow, a dism clean, and so on, and nothing worked. Could it be a framework problem ?

My PC does weird things so thank you if someone has a solution. I need it to mod my DT990/32Ohm

John Mulcahy

REW Author
So I removed JRE then REW and run the installer to see if JRE was the problem but nothing.
"but nothing" meaning the installer did not run, or that REW was reinstalled OK but did not start? REW could fail to launch if it was installed with a memory allocation value that is larger than the computer has available to allocate. To see if that is the case try installing it and choosing a memory allocation of 1 GB, assuming you had installed it with a larger figure previously.

Freequalizer

Registered
The installer did not run, yes, sorry for the inprecision. In fact I have 96 GB of system memory. I think I was able to run REW 2 or 3 months ago to measure my DT990 before 1 kHz, as I have no HATS. Perhaps Microsoft put a problematic update for the installer and REW on my PC

John Mulcahy

REW Author
REW and the installer are independent of each other. Perhaps the system console logs have some clues about why your machine does not run some applications, or perhaps you have some helpful antivirus installed which objects to you doing perfectly normal things.

Freequalizer

Registered
I tried to look at Bitdefender alerts and I saw nothing the past month in the log. In fact my mod is not that important nonetheless. I just wanted to have CSD datas but I used a tone gen with no fade in or fade out and pure tones stop instantly. So the thing I wanted to do is useless. I gonna wait next Windows updates. I send a report to Microsoft, I hope they'll fix it. But if you have any solution, let me know 🙂

John Mulcahy

REW Author
I can't recall any other reports of a similar issue, so I suspect this is a problem of your system/your Windows installation rather than something general.

Last edited:

Freequalizer

Registered
Once again Microsoft torpedoed my PC. I get black screens when I boot my PC sometimes. It's very frustrating. I'm sure if I try to do the same thing 2 months later, it will work. 🤣

Freequalizer

Registered
You know what ? I tried to install REW this morning after a Windows update, and right now everything is working... :redgrin:

Top Bottom