Pioneer A40-AE
DAC
Eversolo DMP-A8
Computer Audio
Tidal
Front Speakers
Bowers & Wilkins 685 S2
Hello,
I just bought Eversolo A8 and I have a possibility to use DSP and room correction functionality.
Room correction files for Eversolo have to be prepared in REW and exported as a WAV.

At the outset I have to learn REW and even though I'm an engineer and audiofile hundreds of options is overwelming and new for me.
To the point -
1. I want to prepare correction curve using 'Trace artithmetic' -> |A| / |B| : target curve and curve measured.
(I do not use standard option - 'Match response to target' when aplication creates correction curve using filters, etc.)
2. Target curve is ready.
3. I have to export that curve to WAV and 'Export Impulse Response as WAV' doesn't work. REW informs: 'no data to export'.
I have no idea why.
4. Using 'Export Filters impulse response as WAV' doesn't work, either. REW informs - 'no filters - etc -"
There is obviously no filters in that curve.

I will be grateful for your advice - how to export correction curve prepared by trace arithmetic to WAV.

Thank you for your support,
Jack

Mike0815

Hey,

maybe a similar cause has been discussed and solved here?:

JStewart

Senior AV Addict
Supporter
Hey,

maybe a similar cause has been discussed and solved here?:
@moedra ’s step by step tutorial is here:

@jacekw1000 , following this tutorial should solve your problem. It sounds as though you may have been trying to export a “measurement” in REW that didn’t have phase information, to a wave file.

In @moedra ’s procedure the wave file is saved with multiple sample rates. If I am reading this Eversolo doc correctly, you will only save a 48kHz sample rate file. (1st page, 5th paragraph)

moedra

@jacekw1000 As mentioned, following my guide should solve your problem. It seems to be just what you're looking for.

Here is an outline of the process:
1. prepare your measurements for optimal calculations
2. design a target
3. invert the prepared measurements to generate the filters for each channel
4. export the filters as a stereo IR wav

At the end in stage 4 you will be able to choose which sample rates you export. You are free to select any of them that you need. 48kHz is the default and most common. It sounds like that is the one you need.

@JStewart Thank you for sharing my tutorial with everyone. I greatly appreciate it. Please continue to share it with anyone else who needs it.

Last edited:
Top Bottom