how can in cal file change the level of the microphone ?

user44455555

Registered
I have three microphones(all XLR) and i record a measure and depend on microphone i change later the cal file fo compare.microphone results.

I try this line in cal file on top to see if anything change
Sens Factor =4.0dB
or
Sensitivity -12.34 dBFS

as explained here https://www.roomeqwizard.com/help/help_en-GB/html/calfiles.html

it did not change anything in level when reload the cal file

how can i change the cal file so all microphone have same level after load the cal file ?

BTW: seem microphones for around 80$ give alot worses results. a beyerdynamic mm1 give 5.8 db more output as the ik multimedia mems and have less noise floor on same preamp and setting . I never thought that there are so much diffrence on microphones.

John Mulcahy

REW Author
Are you reloading the cal file using "Change cal" on the measurements you had already made? That is the only way to update their cal data.

user44455555

Registered
Are you reloading the cal file using "Change cal" on the measurements you had already made? That is the only way to update their cal data.

yes i edit it with a editor and save it . i try reload , or start rew new, switch to other cal file and then reload the edit. stay always same. i use the spl meter long time ago for this input. maybe it can disable something ?. I use asio device. .I know from the usb ears device that it accept levels.

rew read the cal file curve in, because it show correct whwn mic/meter cal is enable

begin of the cal file i change value is . the line with ; is a comment and not process from REW right ?

;for beyerdynamic Sensitivity: 15.3mV/Pa = -36.3dBV
;Frequency[Hz] "rel. Level [dB], 90-degree-curve"
Sensitivity -12.34 dBFS
50 0.5
60 0.3
70 0.2
80 0.2
90 0.1
100 0.1
110 0.1
120 0.0
130 -0.0
140 -0.1
150 -0.1

REW version is V5.31.3. when click change cal, i see in the rew file selector on right side preview that file is correct.see screenshot this button i use. cal file change but sensivity change not. screenshot look a little strange because i load also in the other microphone this cal file. the cal file i add sensitivity is the file 90 Grad. the 0 Grad i have not change. because i change sensivity when switch between 0 and 90 grad bass level need change

Attachments

• button.jpg
    button.jpg
    43.3 KB · Views: 5
Last edited:

John Mulcahy

REW Author
Changing the cal file works OK for me as long as the measurement was made with a cal file to start with. If that's not working for you could change the spl offset by the amount you need using the graph action for that.

user44455555

Registered
If that's not working for you could change the spl offset by the amount you need using the graph action for that.

I notice now if a cal file did not have a sensitivity or sensfactor inside it do not set back the value that was in the spl meter calibrate choose. I better add in all my 3 cal files sensivity values, then i can set my input gain of soundbox to middle and change sensitivity facter in cal file that it fit

maybe the spl meter calibrate give a hint so i can easy calculate which sensivity i need add in cal file ?

Top Bottom