Streaming Equipment
Yes
Streaming Subscriptions
Netfkix, Spotify
Satellite System
no
Other Equipment
no
Hi, folks. First post and first time REW user. Well, I haven't actually been able to use it at all. Please help.

As I understand it, the normal way to connect the REW-equipped laptop to the audio system is to connect the laptop's 3.5mm audio jack to the Aux Input. Unfortunately, my car does not have a traditional Aux Input. It only has USB inputs. If my USB microphone is connected to the USB ports on my laptop, how can I send the tones from my laptop to the car?

Is there a 3.5mm to USB adapter available? Or perhaps a HDMI to USB adapter?

1721617715425.png

Thanks!

sm52

You can write test signals to files using the REW generator. These will be files with the wav extension. The same as any music files. Then burn these files to a CD or USB flash memory and insert them into your car's player. Copies of these files should be stored somewhere on your computer. Run REW for measurement in the 'from file' mode, pointing REW to the location where a copy of the test file is stored, which will be played in the machine's player. REW will start the measurement and wait for the test signal to start. At this point, you will start playing a copy of the test file in the machine's player. REW will record the test sweep (or noise) from any speaker you need.

Dyno

Registered
More  
Screen
65"
Video Display Device
LG TV
Remote Control
yes
Streaming Equipment
Yes
Streaming Subscriptions
Netfkix, Spotify
Satellite System
no
Other Equipment
no
Brilliant!

Thank you.

Dyno

Registered
More  
Screen
65"
Video Display Device
LG TV
Remote Control
yes
Streaming Equipment
Yes
Streaming Subscriptions
Netfkix, Spotify
Satellite System
no
Other Equipment
no
Still struggling to use REW in my 2020 Volvo. The car's owner's manual says that it supports WAV files from USB, but I get "format not supported" errors.

The file is there on the USB and it plays in my other car, but not the Volvo. Is there an alternative way to format or save the REW-generated noise to a USB drive? Is it something with the USB drive itself?

Thanks for your patience with me

Dyno

Registered
More  
Screen
65"
Video Display Device
LG TV
Remote Control
yes
Streaming Equipment
Yes
Streaming Subscriptions
Netfkix, Spotify
Satellite System
no
Other Equipment
no
Never mind! Answered my own question.

It turns out my older car only reads the 16-bit versions of the noise files.

Top Bottom