How to extend a target curve in REW?

HD MOVIE SOURCE

More  
Preamp, Processor or Receiver
Denon x6500h
Universal / Blu-ray / CD Player
Panasonic UB9000
Imagine that I have a flat target curve from 500 to 20k. Is there a tool in REW that can extend that target curve from 500hz to 20hz? I saw a video where somebody added more to an existing target curve that wasn't long enough. I've been looking around, and I have no idea how to do it. How do you do this in REW?

Thanks.

JStewart

Senior AV Addict
Supporter
Imagine that I have a flat target curve from 500 to 20k. Is there a tool in REW that can extend that target curve from 500hz to 20hz? I saw a video where somebody added more to an existing target curve that wasn't long enough. I've been looking around, and I have no idea how to do it. How do you do this in REW?

Thanks.
Assuming you have a file for your partial target curve I suppose you could use the Equalizer section of REW to load your file as a house curve then use the target curve tools to complete it. When done the completed target curve can be saved as a measurement and the measurement can be saved as a text file to be used as a target curve.

Wouldn’t it just be easier to edit your partial target curve text file, though? Just add the frequencies and levels that are missing.

HD MOVIE SOURCE

More  
Preamp, Processor or Receiver
Denon x6500h
Universal / Blu-ray / CD Player
Panasonic UB9000
Assuming you have a file for your partial target curve I suppose you could use the Equalizer section of REW to load your file as a house curve then use the target curve tools to complete it. When done the completed target curve can be saved as a measurement and the measurement can be saved as a text file to be used as a target curve.

Wouldn’t it just be easier to edit your partial target curve text file, though? Just add the frequencies and levels that are missing.
That's true, I'm sure I saw somebody on YouTube that was able to extend one without using the EQ section. My post was just an example, I actually have a curve to finish around 18K. It drops after merging two target curves together. I'd like to continue that curve. Check my image. I can remove the drop, but I'd like to continue that roll off.

Attachments

• target curve drop.png
    target curve drop.png
    23.2 KB · Views: 9

sm52

Open your target curve file in Notepad and manually add a few points. You can copy the lines after 18 kHz from my file and replace the sound pressure values with those you need.

Last edited:
Top Bottom