Newbie needs help - no output speakers shown on soundcard tab

RTracey

Registered
Newbie here trying to get REW to work - Under Preferences - Soundcard, I have the ASIO4ALL v2 device selected, and under Output, it only shows "1: Not Connected 1" and "2: Not connected 2". When I first launched REW and was setting up the ASIO driver settings, some speaker options were momentarily visible, but then they disappeared and I can't get them back. I've tried switching back and forth between the Java and ASIO driver, unplugging and plugging in the HDMI, restarting REW, rebooting - nothing. I'm using a Win10 PC, Umik mic, and am connected to a Denon AVR via HDMI. I've confirmed the HDMI and Umik are functioning properly, and I'm able to get audio from the PC to the AVR Any help would be greatly appreciated!

John Mulcahy

REW Author
Those outputs are probably the PC's built-in audio output, and showing not connected because nothing is plugged into that output. The problem is likely to be not having enabled the HDMI device in ASIO4All. The guide here has good info on getting ASIO4All set up.

RTracey

Registered
Thanks John. I had already downloaded that guide and followed the instructions (at least I thought I had). Going through them again to be sure, I noticed the HDMI Audio device in the ASIO control panel was not active. I thought only the UMIK needed to be active, but guess I was mistaken. I was able to get the HDMI Audio device active and everything is now working :jump:

Top Bottom