B&W DM602 s3
Subwoofers
SVS sb-12plus
Screen
Lissau Tab Tension True Colour 110”
Video Display Device
Panasonic PT-AT6000E
***edited***

So, why did I not know that it should work without soundflower, howcome it works without that extension? Did not used to be like that?

Just read in the forum, that, i only needed to choose hdmi output, and select “direct”/multichannel on my processor..

Sorry.....

***edited***

Hello..

Had a crazy experience yesterday.

I knew that I would have trouble getting soundflower to work properly with my mac on high sierra, but installed anyway.

I wanted to make measurements of my 5.1 system with REW > hdmi > surround processor, by using soundflower, and a minidsp UMIK-1.

So... could NOT get any sound after setting up, but okay, did not know how to make it work without “soundflowerbed”, but i tried to do different stuff in midi setup.. nothing happened, no sound.

Had to uninstall soundflower again, and did that by accessing /library/extensions, and deleted the soundflower .kext file. That worked fine, nothing left of soundflower on my mac. “Perfect!”.

Well. I opened REW again, and wanted to make measurement of the front L and front R, it should be the ONLY options, because it should not be possible to measure all channels (5.1) without any routing from an extension, that can make the system do that.

The funny.. and remarkable thing just happened:

After uninstallation of soundflower, i could now MEASURE ALL CHANNELS, when choosing “generator” in REW, all speakers where listed, and worked seamingless!!

Very odd? Or did I miss something?

- René

Last edited:

Renehc

Registered
More  
Preamp, Processor or Receiver
Nuforce AVP-18 Pro
Main Amp
Emotiva XPA-5
Additional Amp
Stello AI-500se
Universal / Blu-ray / CD Player
Ps4
Front Speakers
JBL Array 1000
Center Channel Speaker
JBL Array 880
Surround Speakers
B&W DM602 s3
Subwoofers
SVS sb-12plus
Screen
Lissau Tab Tension True Colour 110”
Video Display Device
Panasonic PT-AT6000E
The ability to directly select output channels on the Mac was added in V5.17, Dec 2016.

Yeah. Did not seem to find out before installing soundflower, think my focus was exactly on.. soundflower.

Thank you a lot :T

Top Bottom