UMIK-1 Cal File at SPLmeter window not loaded

HuibertBoon

Registered
More  
Additional Amp
Amsterda
Hi,

I have loaded my Mic Cal file for the UMIK-1 in the preferences and created a soundcard calfile.
Both show up in the CALfile Tab of the Preferences-window.
Next I Open the SPL meter to calibrate the level and as soon as I hit 'Calibrate' REW asks if I have a Cal file for the UMIK-1
'Yes' opens the a filebrowsers where I can select and Open the file, but REW keeps asking if I have a Cal-file everytime.
Only if I select 'No', REW continues with outputting noise to calibrate the SPL-levels.

Am I now calibrating the SPL-level correctly with or incorrectly without the UMIK cal-file?
Is this a bug?

Best regards,
Huibert

REW V5.31.3
OSX 13.2.1

Attachments

• Prefs Cal Files.png
    Prefs Cal Files.png
    44 KB · Views: 11
  • Prefs Soundcard.png
    Prefs Soundcard.png
    128 KB · Views: 11
  • SPL meter.png
    SPL meter.png
    60.7 KB · Views: 12

John Mulcahy

REW Author
You don't use a soundcard cal file with a USB mic as you aren't using the soundcard for input.

Can you attach the UMIK cal file you are using? If it had the required sensitivity line pressing the calibrate button should say that calibration is not required.

HuibertBoon

Registered
More  
Additional Amp
Amsterda
Hello John,

That makes sense: should I remove the soundcard cal file from the preferences?

Attached the mic cal files.
(I use the 90deg version)

Attachments

• 7139086_90deg.txt
    9.9 KB · Views: 7
  • 7139086.txt
    9.8 KB · Views: 3

John Mulcahy

REW Author
Yes, remove the soundcard cal file. The mic cal file is fine. The prompt is appearing on macOS because the OS does not offer a volume control, which isn't needed for that mic, but its absence was causing a problem in the logic. The mic is calibrated once you have loaded the cal file, no need to use the Calibrate button.

HuibertBoon

Registered
More  
Additional Amp
Amsterda
The mic is calibrated once you have loaded the cal file, no need to use the Calibrate button.
But I still need to use tab 'SPL meter' (together with my physical SPLmeter) to calibrate, don't I? Otherwise REW doesn't know my speakerlevel.

John Mulcahy

REW Author
No, you don't. The cal file includes the information REW needs to show correct SPL figures.

Top Bottom