Windows 10 22H2 (64 bit)…can’t get REW to open/run.

RISE

Registered
More  
Preamp, Processor or Receiver
Teyes CC3 2K and Helix DSP Pro MKII
Main Amp
Zed Audio Leviathan
Additional Amp
Zed Audio Minotaur
DAC
Topping D10S
Front Speakers
Sinfoni, Xcelsus, Stereo Integrity
Surround Speakers
One Audio WB3.5
Subwoofers
JL Audio 13 TW5
Other Speakers or Equipment
Helix Director
Streaming Subscriptions
Apple Music, Pandora, Prime Music
Hey all, new to the forum and REW. Will be utilizing REW for both Home and Car Audio.

That said…I’ve gone to the website and downloaded the 64 bit version for Windows 10. It seems like everything installed correctly. I left the default allocated memory setting (1gb), I left “allow graphics acceleration“ checked (as it was by default). Installation seemed to go smoothly, and the software started after the wizard finished up. Played with it for a little bit before I went to sleep, closed the software… no issues.

Today when I tried to launch the software, I got nothing. Hour glass showed up for a second or two after I double clicked the shortcut, but nothing happened after that for quite a few minutes. Decided to go directly to the application folder and try to open from there… Nothing. At that point, I decided to uninstall, reboot and reinstall. Again, everything seem to go well, and this time I even unchecked “allow graphics acceleration“ just to see if that had something to do with it. Unfortunately, same result. I’ve tried uninstalling and re-installing several times today, ran as Administrator, etc…to no avail.

My laptop is a Dell Inspiron 15 5000 series, Ryzen 5 2500U, Radeon Vega Mobile Gfx, 8 gigs of ram, and Windows 10 is Version 22H2

I’m just confused as to why it started up last night after installation, but I get nothing today at all.

Any help to get this thing up and running is greatly appreciated. Thanks.

John Mulcahy

REW Author
There may be information in the diagnostic files. Find the folder C:\Users\<your username>\REW, zip that folder and attach it here.

RISE

Registered
More  
Preamp, Processor or Receiver
Teyes CC3 2K and Helix DSP Pro MKII
Main Amp
Zed Audio Leviathan
Additional Amp
Zed Audio Minotaur
DAC
Topping D10S
Front Speakers