REW Beta Release REW API beta releases

ManCaveAudio

Staff member
Hi @John Mulcahy I found that the Absolute Division |A|/|B| function is not working in the trace arithmetic. I have not verified other functions. But found this is not giving division results.

Last edited by a moderator:

HD MOVIE SOURCE

More  
Preamp, Processor or Receiver
Denon x6500h
Universal / Blu-ray / CD Player
Panasonic UB9000
I have made a change for the next build to address that behaviour, but I don't like the ambiguity of having two places to select what traces appear on overlay graphs (All SPL is an overlay graph). That was why in the previous releases unchecking a trace in the overlay legend removed it, but I had considered removing those checkboxes completely so the list on the left is the only means of selecting overlay traces. That's much cleaner and removes any ambiguity, I may yet do that.
Okay, thanks John, I'll take a look at how it looks when it's updated.

John Mulcahy

REW Author
Builds updated today (beta 29) with these changes:
  • Added: The top of the impulse response graph magnitude plot can be set manually or automatically
  • Added: There is a checkbox in the SPL & Phase graph controls to select whether or not to show the component model overlay on impedance traces
  • Added: API has a blocking mode to simplify use with scripting languages, it is turned on by POSTing true to /application/blocking
  • Changed: The RT60 decay upper graph has the same SPL span and time span as the waterfall below, with a small additional margin
  • Changed: Graph image captures do not include check boxes and only include values if the option to include the cursor is selected
  • Fixed: Internal server error when posting per-input cal data to /audio/input-cal
  • Fixed: Posting to /measurements/{id}/filters did not update the filter graphs and settings panel
  • Fixed: All overlay traces became selected when a new measurement was made
  • Fixed: CEA thresholds overlay for saved CEA2010 measurements was drawn based on generator frequency instead of the saved data frequency
  • Fixed: Preserve relative timing for multi-input captures made without a timing ref maintains the chosen t=0 reference
  • Fixed: The native file dialog on macOS did not pre-populate save dialogs with the default filename
  • Fixed: The API endpoint path to delete a house curve has been corrected to /eq/house-curve

bmsorin

Registered
I have fixed that for the next build. Are you really using a C-weighted SPL meter as the input, by the way?
Hello, beta 29 seems to work, thank you!
I don't use C-weighted SPL, i just GET current settings the try to modify only 'fullScalSineVrms'.
Best regards!

HD MOVIE SOURCE

More  
Preamp, Processor or Receiver
Denon x6500h
Universal / Blu-ray / CD Player
Panasonic UB9000
Some bugs I've seen using the (beta 29) yesterday.

When naming a measurement, it doesn't get renames until the next measurement is taken. If you mouse over the measurement, the tooltip shows it's been renamed, but it doesn't show that until a new measurement has been taken.

SPL Alignment doesn't remember what you've selected before. It always defaults to "Use average SPL of measurements" I want it to remember what I've last used, because I only use "Use SPL specified below". The live release remembers what you've selected before, but since switching to the new design it doesn't remember what you've selected in the same measuring session. I'd like it to remember what I've already selected.

Randomly, I lost my mouse cursor. It completely disappeared. This has never happened on any other REW installs. I initially thought that it could be something to do with the always on top feature, but even moving my mouse down to my taskbar, I couldn't see it. How, when you mouse over things in REW you can see that it's highlighted. So, I knew where my mouse cursor was by seeing what I was over in REW. Took another measurement, and the mouse cursor was visible again. It didn't happen again, but I've never seen that ever before.

I was taking measurements 3 at a time, and one time after the first measurement, it showed that there was an error. Not sure what caused it. The measurements didn't repeat, and just stopped. I started a new measurement that repeated 3 times and it measured perfectly fine. That also was a one-time thing, and never happened again.

Last edited:

John Mulcahy

REW Author
When naming a measurement, it doesn't get renames until the next measurement is taken
I have fixed that for the next build.

SPL Alignment doesn't remember what you've selected before.
I have fixed that for the next build.

Randomly, I lost my mouse cursor. It completely disappeared.
It is not possible for REW to make your cursor disappear.

I was taking measurements 3 at a time, and one time after the first measurement, it showed that there was an error.
If you use the Help menu option to "Generate diagnostic file" and attach the file I can see what the error was.

Top Bottom