Streamer and subscriptions: How are you streaming music?

catmorry

More  
Preamp, Processor or Receiver
Anthem MRX710
Front Speakers
MK 950THX
Center Channel Speaker
MK 950 THX
Surround Speakers
MK SUR95
Subwoofers
PC 13 ULTRA
Video Display Device
LG EC930 OLED
Remote Control
HARMONY ELITE
Qobuz for me & squeezebox boom & radios round house running of off lms on raspberry pi, they are cheap as chip's on ebay & sound great for the size of them

Alex Ferguson

More  
Main Amp
Devialet Expert Pro 440 dual mono
Universal / Blu-ray / CD Player
Opponents Bdp-105EU
Streaming Subscriptions
Mutec MC-3+USB
Front Speakers
Sonus faber Olympica II
Center Channel Speaker
No
Surround Speakers
No
Surround Back Speakers
No
Front Height Speakers
No
Rear Height Speakers
No
Subwoofers
No
Other Speakers
QNAP HS251+
Screen
Sony Bravia 40 inch LED
Video Display Device
Oppo as above
Remote Control
Deviaklet integrated, Oppo,
While I enjoy listening to vinyl, I also stream music in various ways. We have HEOS for our whole-house background music, but we use Roon (Nucleus One) with subs to Tidal and Qobuz for more serious listening. The main listening and theater room uses a StormAudio MK3 processor. Other listening rooms have a WiiM Ultra and Eversolo DMP-A6 to access Roon. We have Amazon Music Unlimited, but we rarely use it. I've tried iTunes, but I've stuck mostly with Tidal and Qobuz due to my Roon lifetime subscription and how well it organizes and integrates our local music with the streaming music library. Now that I'm retired, discovering new music and rediscovering old music has never been more fun.

How about you... if you stream music, what streamers and subscriptions do you use?
Hi Sonnie,
Thanks for the offer to participate.
I too enjoy vinyl but find that I use it less since the advent of streaming. I have Stereo Sonos Play 5s in the bedroom and a couple of endpoints in other rooms but I mainly use a roon subscription to stream Qobuz to my roon certified Devialet dual mono amps.
i can control the Mk1 Sonos gear through roon, but can’t group them with my main system, which I don’t find too much of a hardship.
I too love the way roon integrates my library with Qobuz content and presents it to me in a format like a magazine with hyperlinks.
i went for a lifetime subscription back in 2017 for $500, which was equal to £360 where I live is the best upgrade to my listening experience I could have made for the money.
Congratulations on your retirement, I retired last year so I’m doing the same as you, by the sound of it. Having fun!

Aburguy

Staff member
More  
Anthem MrX1140
Panasonic 820
Streaming Subscriptions
Disney, Netflix, Prime, Apple TV+
Front Speakers
Golden Ear Triton 5
Center Channel Speaker
Golden Ear Super Center XL
Surround Speakers
Golden Ear Aon 2
Front Height Speakers
Golden Ear Super Sat 3
Rear Height Speakers
Golden Ear Super Sat 3
Subwoofers
Golden Ear ForceField 3 (2)
Video Display Device
Sony A80-K 77
Remote Control
Sofa Baton X1
Other Equipment
Apple TV 4K 2022, Hue Playlights
I use Apple Music as I have it bundled other products. I do really like it, but I sadly don’t listen often with my main system despite the great sound. It’s usually in my vehicle or more likely with my AirPod pros while walking.

edloura

While I enjoy listening to vinyl, I also stream music in various ways. We have HEOS for our whole-house background music, but we use Roon (Nucleus One) with subs to Tidal and Qobuz for more serious listening. The main listening and theater room uses a StormAudio MK3 processor. Other listening rooms have a WiiM Ultra and Eversolo DMP-A6 to access Roon. We have Amazon Music Unlimited, but we rarely use it. I've tried iTunes, but I've stuck mostly with Tidal and Qobuz due to my Roon lifetime subscription and how well it organizes and integrates our local music with the streaming music library. Now that I'm retired, discovering new music and rediscovering old music has never been more fun.

How about you... if you stream music, what streamers and subscriptions do you use?
Good night, Mr Parker.

I'm not streaming music - I don't need: I have all my vinyl records and CD's with me at home.

Jacques Bournival

Registered
I'm curious - are you able to discern a notable difference between lower hi-res and higher hi-res (192kHz, for example)? Or do you buy those higher res purely for the sake of having the best possible quality?

Not judging - just curious. I know for me, when it comes to movies, I want to opt for the best possible version even if I know the difference between it and, say, a Blu-ray version are minimal.
I can hear a difference between 44/48KHz and 96kHz, but not between 96 and 192KHz. But, most 96 and 192 KHz are usually remasters of former 44 KHz albums. The remastering process to 96/192KHz, usually from master studio tapes, improves the quality of the final product no matter the sampling freq.

cap33444

Registered
More  
denon 4700
Main Amp
Emotiva BasX A3
Additional Amp
Starke Sound Fiera8
Sony X700m
Streaming Equipment
ATV 4K (2nd gen), Nvidia Shield TV Pro
Streaming Subscriptions
Amazon Prime, Peacock, Disney+, MAX
Front Speakers
SVS Prime Pinnacle
Center Channel Speaker
SVS Ultra Center
Surround Speakers
Def Tech Mythos Gem
Surround Back Speakers
Def Tech Mythos Gem
Front Height Speakers
SVS Prime Elevation
Rear Height Speakers
SVS Prime Elevation
Subwoofers
SVS PB-2000 Pro
Other Speakers
Wharfedale EVO 4.2 connected to Pioneer SX-737
Video Display Device
LG CX 77
Remote Control
Harmony Hub w/ Companion and Elite remotes
Other Equipment
still cable connected (Optimum)
I'm more a Movies guy nowadays. I have Apple Music and stream that via an ATV 4K thru a Denon 4700 and also via my vintage Pioneer SX-737 using a SONOS Port. With some 4-6K hearing loss and constant tinnitus thanks to that, this works good enough for me. 500 CDs are mostly out of plastic and in large storage books and I still have some 1950's-60's-70's-80's vinyl I can play if the mood requires (rarely does).

Top Bottom