Target Curves

DanDan

Staff member
The old Bruel and Kjaer Curve was derived from pretty decent systems in domestic rooms and Hi Fi Shows. I spent two years in my highly treated Control Room searching for a curve that would be enjoyable to work with, and that would encourage mixes to translate instantly to three domestic playback systems in regular domestic rooms here. At the end I came right back to B&K. I mean right back. +/-3 at 100/10K does not make nicely sloped and rounded curves. It takes quite a few way points to get those slope right.

Last edited:

juicehifi

Audiolense
Staff member
The old Bruel and Kjaer Curve was derived from pretty decent systems in domestic rooms and Hi Fi Shows. I spent two years in my highly treated Control Room searching for a curve that would be enjoyable to work with, and that would encourage mixes to translate instantly to three domestic playback systems in regular domestic rooms here. At the end I came right back to B&K. I mean right back. +/-3 at 100/10K does not make nicely sloped and rounded curves. It takes quite a few way points to get those slope right.
The smoothed response in Audiolense is different from the one the B&K is based on. So you will get a slightly different voicing than the B&K engineers heard.

Top Bottom