The Ultimate Workout Earbud? A Full Review of Cleer Audio's ARC II Sport Open Earbuds

Manufacturer & Model
Cleer Audio ARC II Sport
MSRP
$189
Link
https://amzn.to/3TAz1gI
Highlights
Athlete-focused design, long battery life with added charges and quick charge feature in case, comfortable, excellent sound quality, non-fatiguing, stays on the ear during workouts, IPX5 water resistance, allows for environmental safety awareness.
Summary
The Cleer Audio's ARC II Sport is one of the better athlete-focused earbuds we've reviewed. It's over the ear, open design is both comfortable and functional, staying in place during rigorous workout sessions. Overall sound quality is consistently good, though call quality could be improved. A long battery life, touch controls, and an IPX5 water rating are all added benefits.

The quest for great-sounding and comfortable sports-style earbuds continues with Cleer Audio's ARC II Sport (ARC 2 Sport) Open Earbuds. Unlike Monster's DNA Fit Wireless Earbuds with ANC (reviewed here), the ARC II Sport seats itself outside the ear. That means it floats free and lacks any sort of ear tip, hanging over your ear using a soft-touch counterbalanced ear hook.

The resulting design is comfortable, stable, and delivers excellent sound quality. It also has safety benefits for athletes who like to hit the outdoors.

Click on our video review to get the full rundown of features and performance capabilities... this is one pair of buds that's well worth investigating!

If you'd like to purchase Cleer Audio's ARC II Sport and would like to support AV NIRVANA, click on our Amazon affiliate link, below.*

Cleer Audio ARC II Sport Specifications
  • Weight: 14g (per earbud) 130g (both earbuds and case)
  • Driver: 16.2mm Neodymium Dynamic Driver
  • Frequency Response: (Bluetooth) 20Hz-20kHz
  • Headphone Type: Open-Ear True Wireless Earbuds
  • Microphones: 2-mic Beamforming with AptX Voice
  • Inputs: Bluetooth
  • Bluetooth Version: 5.3
  • Audio Formats: AAC, SBC, AptX Adaptive, AptX Lossless
  • Multipoint Connectivity: Yes
  • Battery Life: Up to 8hrs, In total 35hrs with charging case
  • Charge Method: USB-C charging case
  • Quick Charge: 10min charge provides 1hr
  • IPX5 Water and Sweat Resistance
  • Loss Detection
*AVNirvana.com makes a small commission on purchases made through affiliate links. Our trusted affiliates include B&H Photo, Best Buy, and Amazon. Our reviews are independent of any affiliate status.

Last edited by a moderator:

austinblackboxspace

Supporter
Bright Side Crew
if you are also a lap swimmer, i would love to also see a review of the 2nd gen Zygo. I've been lapping with the big blue 1st gen for about a year and love them. the new gen looks so much sleeker. cheers. ||||K

Todd Anderson

Editor / Senior Admin
Staff member
More  
Preamp, Processor or Receiver
StormAudio ISP.24 MK2
Main Amp
Emotiva XPA-5
Additional Amp
Emotiva XPA Gen3 2.8 multichannel amp
Other Amp
Denon X8500H
Computer Audio
AudioEngine A2+
DAC
THX ONYX
Universal / Blu-ray / CD Player
Kaleidescape TERRA, OPPO UDP-203, Panasonic UB9000
Front Speakers
GoldenEar Technology Triton One.R
Center Channel Speaker
GoldenEar Technology SuperCenter Reference
Surround Speakers
SVS Ultra Surround
Surround Back Speakers
SVS Ultra Bookshelf
Front Height Speakers
SVS Prime Elevation x4 (Top Front, Top Mid-Front)
Rear Height Speakers
SVS Prime Elevation x4 (Top Middle, Top Rear)
Subwoofers
dual SVS SB16s + dual PSA XS30s
Other Speakers or Equipment
Behringer 1124p; Aura Bass Shaker Pros; SuperSub X
Video Display Device
JVC NX7
Screen
Seymour Screen Excellence, Enlightor NEO AT Screen
Streaming Equipment
iFi Audio Zen Blue
Streaming Subscriptions
Qobuz, TIDAL, Spotify, ROON
Other Equipment
LG Electronics 65-inch B6 OLED, Sony 65-inch X900F, ZeroSurge 8R15W x 2, ZeroSurge 2R15W x 2
Unfortunately, I’m not. Both of my kids are D1 swimmers… they’re apparently apples that fell FAR from the tree :redgrin:

I’m curious tho… will definitely check them out!

austinblackboxspace

Supporter
Bright Side Crew
Unfortunately, I’m not. Both of my kids are D1 swimmers… they’re apparently apples that fell FAR from the tree :redgrin:

I’m curious tho… will definitely check them out!
excellent! hopefully, they keep lapping each day long after college. we've made good use of even hotel baby pools while on Air Force deployments. :laugh:

Top Bottom