REW Beta Release REW API beta releases

oliver

Hi John,
I am on Mac OS 13.6.6 with REW 5.40 Beta 36.
When right clicking on a measurement panel the panel that appear doesn't stay active, a cursor movement is needed in order for the panel to became active, but doing this the panel is dragged around a bit.
Is there a way to show any notes written in the measurement panel? I cannot find it, sorry.
Thanks.
Oliver

John Mulcahy

REW Author
When right clicking on a measurement panel the panel that appear doesn't stay active
I have fixed that for the next build. The notes are shown in a tooltip when the mouse hovers over a measurement and are shown (and can be edited) on the right click popup.

Cristianolo

The number sequence in the measurement list does not match the number sequence in the Trace Options window.
Is it possible to add the name off each measurement in the Trace Option and the possibility to select the type of stroke in the floating right-click menu in the measurements?
Captura de tela 2024-06-28 193451.png

ziggurcat

Registered
Another functionality bug:

Right-Click does not appear to work in the measurement window on a Macbook laptop. I'm on a Macbook Air M2. In order to Right-Click, you hold down Control + Click the trackpad. It functions in other areas within REW, but not in the measurement window.

John Mulcahy

REW Author
The number sequence in the measurement list does not match the number sequence in the Trace Options window.
I have fixed that for the next build.

Is it possible to add the name off each measurement in the Trace Option
Yes, I have done that for the next build.

the possibility to select the type of stroke in the floating right-click menu in the measurements?
Those menus are already very busy, I'd rather not add more to them.

John Mulcahy

REW Author
Builds updated today (beta 37) with these changes:
  • Added: There is a multi-time window (MTW) option for impulse responses, whose width is specified at octave centre frequencies. Help for MTW is here.
  • Added: Overlay graph trace options include measurement name
  • Added: Show a message on the distortion overlay graph if the measurement selections do not have the chosen distortion measure
  • Added: /import/sweep-recordings/response accepts an applyCal boolean to apply the current cal files
  • Added: /import/impulse-response accepts an applyCal boolean to apply the current cal files
  • Fixed: Setting a cal file path through /audio/input-cal might not update the cal data
  • Fixed: Alignment tool did not use correct phase data if measurements being aligned had FDW
  • Fixed: Watermark Y position was wrong on graphs that had two graph views
  • Fixed: Magnitude plot cursor position was incorrect on image captures of the Impulse graph
  • Fixed: Measurement panel popup on macOS could disappear when right mouse button was released
  • Fixed: Overlay graph trace options trace numbers did not match the measurement numbers
  • Fixed: FSAF IR start times could be offset when using timing markers

oliver

I have fixed that for the next build. The notes are shown in a tooltip when the mouse hovers over a measurement and are shown (and can be edited) on the right click popup.
Hi John,
do you think would be possible to add something like " Show notes" to the drop down menù in order to show always the notes in the measurement panel? with many similar measurements it is very useful to be able to read the notes immediately in order to understand the differences in the measurement.
Thank you
Oliver

John Mulcahy

REW Author
do you think would be possible to add something like " Show notes" to the drop down menù in order to show always the notes in the measurement panel?
I have added a View preference for that in the next build, along with a control to limit how many lines of notes are shown.

ziggurcat

Registered
Meaning the same as this report? If so it has been fixed for the next build.

I think it's a completely different issue. On my Mac Mini, right-clicking the mouse works just fine. On my MBA, the right click function (Control + Trackpad click) works everywhere I have tried except in the measurement window (i.e. no window pops up at all, not even a flicker of one), which prevents you from accessing a bunch of the tools (an argument for bringing back the Actions menu button at the top).

sam_adams

@John Mulcahy, I can confirm the behavior that @ziggurcat is describing. With the trackpad configured for two-finger tap for right-click/control-click, the popup menu appears when two-finger tapping in the measurement window, but does not appear if one uses the control-click or control-single-finger tap.

Additionally, the hide/show behavior for the measurements list acts strangely. When clicking on the arrows to reveal the notes, they partially open and stay that way unless the cursor is passed over the measurement window itself.
Screenshot 2024-06-29 at 5.57.58 PM.png

When the arrows are clicked to hide the measurement notes, the notes collapse but the measurement window does not expand to fill the empty space until the cursor is passed over the measurement window:
Screenshot 2024-06-29 at 5.58.20 PM.png

This happens on macos 11.7.10, 12.7.6, 13.6.7, 14.6.

Since we are talking about the expand/collapse arrows; could we get them back in the other windows besides the SPL graph? They are sorely missed.

John Mulcahy

REW Author
On my MBA, the right click function (Control + Trackpad click) works everywhere I have tried except in the measurement window
Ctrl click in a list is used to select multiple items. Two-finger click should work on a trackpad, or designating a corner of the trackpad for right click.

John Mulcahy

REW Author
Since we are talking about the expand/collapse arrows; could we get them back in the other windows besides the SPL graph?
Meaning for overlays graphs like All SPL? They didn't have a measurements selector in the old layout, but I can add a more condensed view. Here is an option:

1719747358815.png
1719747411946.png

John Mulcahy

REW Author
Builds updated today (beta 38) with these changes:
  • Added: View preferences to show notes on the measurement panels and overlay measurement panels and choose how many lines of notes to show
  • Added: Collapse/expand buttons for the overlay measurements lists
  • Fixed: UI redraw could be incomplete on macOS after collapse/expand measurement panels
  • Fixed: Multi-time window interpolated values could undershoot

oliver

Hi John,
with the last beta 38 on OSx( macbook pro M1) when on the " SPL & Phase" window the notes are not updated in the measurement panel even when the panel is closed, an action like lock or disable is needed in order to update them. This doesn't seems to happen only when in the "All SPL" window, in all other windows the the behavior is the same( do not update).

Screenshot 2024-06-30 alle 19.00.02.png

Also when I try to scroll the bar to the right of the panel with two fingers on the trackpad, the panel closes.

Thank you
Oliver

navid0308

Registered
Noticing one weird thing - when using the API, Var smoothing vs No smoothing seems to have an effect below 100hz. I have a peak at about 46hz that, when running the EQ manually in REW, gets pulled down to my target curve. However, when I use the API to do it, depending on correction range and if smoothing is Var or None, I get results where sometimes the peak is pulled down, other times it's not...

I am using 0db boost & flatness target 1db - this peak is definitely > 1db
1719769876729.png

Top Bottom