Registered
More  
Main Amp
1ET9040BA, 1200AS2
DAC
D90III, D50III
Front Speakers
MEH
Is there a way to measure driver current distortion by REW?

sm52

...if you have a means of generating an inverted copy of the input signal and applying it to a second input channel the cross-correlation processing with the Invert correlation reference option may allow common mode noise on the inputs to be cancelled. There is a thread on cross-correlation processing here.
I tried this option. When one input is used, the harmonics are no higher than 3%, when the second input is fed an inverted version of the first input, the harmonic levels are almost the same as the main signal. Maybe I should do something else?

John Mulcahy

REW Author
Sounds like the way the inverted signal is being generated is causing some issues. Probably worth asking on the thread I linked.

sm52

Sounds like the way the inverted signal is being generated is causing some issues. Probably worth asking on the thread I linked.
Thank you. I will try. Another question. Is there a way to make a full copy of a measurement after uploading it to REW? I know of several ways to get a copy, but they all lose the left impuls window, so the distortion is no longer shown.

sm52

John Mulcahy,​

in that DAC-ADC testing thread are we talking about a loop connection? And that's all? From output loop to input1. And if you add inversion, then from output to input1 and inversion to input2. So?

serko70

More  
Preamp, Processor or Receiver
Marantz SR6015
Main Amp
Rotel Michi X3
DAC
Oppo 205
Computer Audio
Intel NUC
Universal / Blu-ray / CD Player
Oppo 205
Front Speakers
Focal Kanta 2
Center Channel Speaker
Linn
Surround Speakers
Focal Dome Flax
Surround Back Speakers
Focal Dome Flax
Front Height Speakers
Focal Dome Flax
Subwoofers
Focal Air
Rear Height Speakers
Focal Dome Flax
Video Display Device
LG 65 3D OLED
Streaming Subscriptions
TIDAL, ROON
Alignment tool API very rarely throws an irrelevant error message:

1726037615119.png

The above error was caused during an impulse alignment @ 20Hz. Details below:

1726037665753.png

If of any relevance, the same error was also here:

1726040016082.png

Beta 54

Last edited:

John Mulcahy

REW Author
Is there a way to make a full copy of a measurement after uploading it to REW? I know of several ways to get a copy, but they all lose the left impuls window, so the distortion is no longer shown.
Windows are not affected, but response copy does not include distortion data. If you want an identical copy of a measurement just save it and reload it.

John Mulcahy

REW Author
in that DAC-ADC testing thread are we talking about a loop connection? And that's all? From output loop to input1. And if you add inversion, then from output to input1 and inversion to input2. So?
I don't really understand the question, but if you have questions about that ASR thread then ask them there.

Top Bottom