REW Beta Release REW API beta releases

majorwong

Registered
Hi,

John Mulcahy

4 more suggestions for you to add in REW:
1.Would you think of adding an unit of exportation of group delay,which can be imported in other simulation tools?
2.Measure the SPL and Imp,adding a sweep signal range from 20kHz~20Hz(from high to low) might increase stability of the test result just like soundcheck.To some extent it may reduce the 'hush' sound annoying during the test.
3.A brown theme like sunset should be considered to put into TO-DO-LIST.
4.Volume or adding mass method should show the optimal fs shift percentage(20%~50%) after 2 curves overlay,which can get rid of the manual calculation.

Thanks for your reply.​

Attachments

• 1.png
    1.png
    10.9 KB · Views: 1

newbiejl

Registered
Hi, I couldn't figure out the body (REST API) to set "Mic cal files" where "separateCalFileForEachInput" =true.
Have anyone tried this?
Thanks!

Here's my PUT/audio/input-cal
{
"currentInputSelection": "Microphone (E.A.R.S Gain: 24dB ) MICROPHONE (Master Volume)",
"separateCalFileForEachInput": true,
"inputDeviceIsCWeighted": false,
"calDataAllInputs": {},
"perInputCalData": {
"L":{
"calFilePath": "C:\\Users\\xxxx\\Downloads\\L_RAW_xxxx.txt"
},
"R":{
"calFilePath": "C:\\Users\\xxxx\\Downloads\\R_RAW_xxxx.txt"
}
}
}

======================================================================
But while setting up manually on the REW interface, GET input-cal will show:
{
"currentInputSelection": "Microphone (E.A.R.S Gain: 24dB ) MICROPHONE (Master Volume)",
"separateCalFileForEachInput": true,
"inputDeviceIsCWeighted": false,
"perInputCalData": {
"L": {
"calFilePath": "C:\\Users\\xxxx\\Downloads\\L_RAW_xxxx.txt",
"dBFSAt94dBSPL": -20.38971
},
"R": {
"calFilePath": "C:\\Users\\xxxx\\Downloads\\R_RAW_xxxx.txt",
"dBFSAt94dBSPL": -20.38971
}
}
}

Seems like the current API doesn't support "separateCalFileForEachInput": true
Any thoughts?

Last edited:

John Mulcahy

REW Author
Seems like the current API doesn't support "separateCalFileForEachInput": true
It is supported but there is a bug which is preventing the paths being saved properly (unless the files have a sensitivitydBFS entry). I have fixed it for the next build. I also noticed the fullScaleSineVrms field was mislabelled fullScalSineVrms, that has also been fixed in the next build.

John Mulcahy

REW Author
Would you think of adding an unit of exportation of group delay,which can be imported in other simulation tools?
That wouldn't be a unit, it would need a separate export for the group delay graph. I'll add it to the todo list.

Measure the SPL and Imp,adding a sweep signal range from 20kHz~20Hz(from high to low) might increase stability of the test result
Why would a reversed sweep increase test result stability? Reversing the sweep would mean harmonic distortion could no longer be extracted.

Top Bottom